NOTICE: THIS WAS USED IN 2011 AND IS HERE ONLY FOR EXAMPLES OF PAST ASSIGNMENTS IF YOU’RE CURRENTLY TAKING A CLASS USING ASSIGNMENTS I’VE PUT TOGETHER YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE!!
***Note: There’s a typo in the crossword puzzle. The square where 3 down intersects with 5 across is problematic. For 3 down it is supposed to be an “E” and for 5 across it is supposed to be an “A”***
Crossword Puzzle Clues
- The month during which both “Asexual Visibility and Education Day” and “Asexual Awareness Week” take place.
- An orientation label which indicates that, generally, the user does not experience sexual attraction.
- A person who identifies as “asexual” is talking about their “sexual __________.”
- “(#3 across) Not ______” is the name of a blog written by a person who identifies as both kinky and asexual. The name of the blog refers to what does and doesn’t turn them on.
- Some studies, including the one written about by (#4 across) have found that ____% of the population experiences no sexual attraction to anyone.
- Researcher who published a paper in 2010 in Archives of Sexual Behavior about asexuality. This researcher also has a paper in press for the Archives of Sexual Behavior about “arousal in self-identified asexual women” (Last name only).
- On January 15th, 2006 (#2 across) was interviewed on _________.
- During their interview on (#7 down), (#2 across) said that “_____ and (#7 across) are different things.”
- A person who doesn’t experience sexual attraction consistently enough to feel that they identify with labels like hetero-, homo-, bi- or pan-sexual but does find that they occasionally experience sexual attraction may identify as “_____-asexual”
- A person who doesn’t experience sexual attraction, generally speaking, but who finds that they do experience sexual attraction exclusively toward their current partner(s) may identify as “____-sexual.”
- Abbreviation for the website on which you will find forums in 13 languages, video clips about asexuality, and a series of short essays called “asexual perspectives.”
- Largely considered the poster boy for the asexual movement, founder of (#1 across), and featured in the documentary “(A)sexual: Not everybody’s doing it”(Full Name).
- “______ not (#4 down)” is the name of a blog written by a person who identifies as both kinky and asexual. The name of the blog refers to what does, and doesn’t turn them on.
- Researcher who published academic papers on the subject of asexuality in 2004, 2006 & 2008 (Last name only).
- Even though a person may not be sexually attracted to others they may still fall in love with people. Who a person tends to fall in love with (regardless of sexual orientation) is referred to as their “_____ orientation.”
- “Gay” is to “homosexual” as “_____” is to “asexual.” (2 acceptable spellings)
- (#2 across) says in their interview on (#7 down) that “(#8 down) and ____ are different things.”
- A member of the Asexual Awareness Week Committee who currently has a paper in press in the Archives of Sexual Behavior titled “Theoretical Issues in the Study of Asexuality” (Last name only).
- A member of the Asexual Awareness Week committee who’s letter to the editor “Methodological Issues for Studying Asexuality” was published in the Archives of Sexual Behavior in 2009 (Last name only).
- A fictional television character who is popular in the asexual community and considered anecdotally to be asexual. According to the (#1 across) Wiki’s “asexuality in fiction” section this person’s relationship with one of their companions has been described as “a love story without the shagging” (name/title, 2 words).